Is building bikes for a living your dream? Is being hands-on and able to contribute directly to the progress of a company a goal? Is working your ass off with a group of dedicated co-workers important? Do you dig post-ride beers?
Under the direction of the head fabricator, completes daily tasks that relate to bicycle frame fabrication. Position will be broad and applicant should be open to learning new techniques and processes. Tasks may involve cutting, manual and CNC machining, and welding raw materials in steel, aluminum and titanium. Finish work including sandblasting, masking and powder coating frames. Assembly of finished products including installation of bearings, and hardware to make a complete bicycle frame that will be delivered directly to a customer.
Job Title: Bicycle Frame Fabricator / Machinist / Welder
Effective Date: August 1, 2019
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Knows and follows all safety requirements.
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Set up, operate and maintain standard machine shop tools
- Understand basic principles in bicycle maintenance and repair
- Uses common assembly tools and related functions in an efficient manner. This includes but is not limited to: bench work, the use of hand saws, drilling, hand tapping, deburring, part marking/identification, arbor presses, etc.
- Troubleshoot basic machine/facility repairs.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and blueprints.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the drive to solve problems on a daily basis; willingness to adapt to a highly changing environment and think on your feet.
- Ability to speak and understand the English language.
- Ride Bikes!
- Attention to detail and pride in work
- Ability to be self proficient and work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with hand tools
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- 0-2 years related machining experience, education and/or training
- Fabrication and metalworking skills are helpful
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with many different people at various levels within the organization
Send all interested resumes and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org