Our new REEB Cycles suspension platform bridges the gap between our playful and capable hardtails and the Sqweeb, our aluminum full suspension that will take anything that you can throw at it.
Ever since we built the first squishy REEB seven years ago, we’ve dreamt of creating a short travel ripper with the rowdy and playful character of our steel hardtails and enough suspension to hit the big lines.
We started with a totally clean sheet, thought waaaaay outside the box, and we’re beyond stoked with the result.
We are proud to introduce the SST, our high tech lightweight 120mm trail bike. Easily the most advanced, balanced, and capable steel mountain bike we’ve ever made!
Our take on the ultimate mountain bike blends the custom steel tubeset from Jeff Lenosky’s signature Redikyelous, design and fabrication inspiration from Adam Prosise’s groundbreaking BREWser, suspension tech from the critically acclaimed Sqweeb, and innovative aerospace-grade SLM 3D printed frame components.
At the heart of the SST is a brand new, REEB exclusive 4-bar suspension system, designed by Steve “Space Cowboy” Zeigler, that combines the pedaling and braking performance of a Horst-link with the simplicity and low weight of a flex-stay. We use custom formed stays, a hollow yoke and proprietary dropouts to precisely control suspension movement and increase lateral stiffness over a traditional steel frame. This design gives the SST incredible small bump sensitivity, supportive ramp throughout the travel, and a sublime balance of stiffness and compliance. Leverage ratio, kinematics and geometry are all tuned to create an ultra responsive chassis that jumps off the line, crushes climbs, slaps berms, launches gaps, and floats through chunder like a much bigger bike.
The SST frame can be ordered now for delivery in early fall 2022 and is currently offered as frame only (No shock). For rear shock or full build availability and timelines, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Eliminating the need for a heavy bridged rocker or seat stay bridge that just collects mud and debris, REEB SST uses an exclusive polygonal shaped spindle that mates the two rocker plates together providing a rigid connection and prevents unnecessary flex in the rear end of the bike. This CRT axle is mil-spec hard anodized for long life and rides on oversized angular contact Enduro Bearings that are also found at the main pivot of the SST.
- REEB designed, oversized 4130 Chomoly construction with custom tubing profiles and Aerospace grade stainless steel 3D printed components.
- 140mm Fork, 120-150mm travel capable depending on intended use.
- 120mm rear travel
- Rear shock is not included with frame. Dimensions: 185x50mm trunnion mount, 8x30mm lower hardware. Email email@example.com for rear shock or complete build availability.
- All sizes fit a water bottle inside the front triangle. Some reservoir shocks may interfere with the bottle on the XS and Small.
- 44mm headtube
- Clearance for 29″ x 2.5″ tire
- 73mm wide English (BSA) threaded BB shell
- 148x12mm rear spacing (Boost)
- SRAM UDH hanger
- 31.6mm ø seat post – 34.9mm clamp diameter
- High quality Enduro bearings throughout
- Specifically designed for longer travel dropper posts
- Internal stealth dropper post routing
- stock powder coat colors to choose from
- *photos may show custom options
- ISCG 05 Chain Guide mount +$50
- $75 for extra bottle bosses on bottom of downtube.
- Custom Powder Coat colors available at +$350 (Zinc Primer) – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to add this option to your order
- Black anodized rocker link +$100
- Complete build lead times vary due to supply chain issues. Email email@example.com for future availability.