It’s your way of paying respect to the OG pioneers and their Klunker-style bikes that started it all. It’s what you want when you feel like a million bucks but only have twenty in your pocket, and it’s going toward a sixer of Dale’s Pale Ale and a couple Blue Dream pre-rolls.
It’s a no frills, barn built 4130 Chromoly steel, 29” mountain bike designed with modern geometry to fit modern(ish) bike parts. The ability to run a tapered fork, threaded bottom bracket, and disc compatible 135x10mm spacing wheels means you can likely find parts sitting in the corner of your garage that were killed off by press fit bottom brackets and super duper boost wheels.
Ideal for skids, wheelies, bar hopping, and handlebar rides.
Available in complete builds and frame only, email email@example.com for deets.
- 44mm head tube, compatible with 1.5″ tapered steerers (don’t worry, you can run that old straight 1 1/8″ fork you have lying around too)
- Clearance for a 29″ x 2.5″ tire (most 2.6 tires fit too)
- 73mm wide English (BSA) BB shell
- Laser cut dropouts, 10mm x 135mm hub compatible
- Single speed only
- Disc brake specific
- 27.2mm seatpost
- designed around a 100mm travel fork, or rigid suspension corrected fork
- Custom colors available at $100 upcharge, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
|Hoop deVille SS Build|
|FRAME||Hooptie, Chromoly Steel|
|HEADSET||Cane Creek 40|
|BRAKE||BB5, FR-5 Lever, rear only|
|WHEELSET||Rhyno Lite / Surly Ultra New Bolt on / Silver spokes|
|TIRES||CST Rock Hawk 29x2.25|
|CRANK / BB||Shimano ZEE|
|FREEWHEEL||Shimano MX30 Freewheel|
All measurements valid w/ 100mm travel fork; 482mm A-C, 40mm offset.
Changes in fork will result in changes to certain aspects of the geometry.
|A. SEAT TUBE||19.1"(485mm)||15.75"(400mm)|
|B. EFFECTIVE TOP TUBE||24.9"(632mm)||24"(625mm)|
|E. SEAT TUBE ANGLE||72°||72°|
|F. HEAD TUBE ANGLE||67°||67°|
|G. CHAIN STAY||17.3"(440mm)||17.3"(440mm)|
|H. HEAD TUBE||4.3"(110mm)||3.9"(100mm)|
|I. AXLE TO CROWN||468mm||468mm|
|L. BB DROP||2.2"||2.2"|
Now available to Klunk in Klunker Krome, Ron Burgundy, Ultra Gloss Black, Polyester Tempest Cream…or a few premium colors at $100 upcharge.
NEW Hooptie decal options now available.